Year 5 and 6 Camp Recount

Task description: A few weeks ago we had year 5 and 6 camp on our school field. This week for writing we had to create a recount about our camp experience. Check out my camp experience below:

Last week the students of team 4 had the 32nd camp at Pt England School. My favourite activity was Killer Zone which I will tell you more about later on. We had to sleep in tents on the field and it went for 2 nights and 3 days.

One the first day we had Killer Zone. It is where you play against other camp teams. There was the USA (Weka My Team) and Canada (Pukeko). This game was all about teamwork. Mr J Was giving us instructions to play this game. Mr J Siad “3 2 1 go” First my team went on this board (IDk What it is). We had to keep on getting this board because if we fall down it gives us 10 sec added to our time. Later on in the game we had to launch these tennis balls in Canada’s base. But Canada was stuck on that when we were finished but I respect Canada and Usa. My favourite part about the killer zone was water balloons.

Kayaking was down at Pt England Beach with Mr Somerville. We learnt how to use the paddles and then had a chance to go out on the water. It was lots of fun. I really liked kayaking.

Year 5 and 6 camp was a really fun experience and I can’t wait to do it again next year when I am a year 6.